Apply to be a Pet GURL Today!
The Pet GurL Job Description and Application Instructions
Do you have a passion to work with animals? We are The Pet Gurl, LLC; a top rated local professional dog walking and pet sitting company in town. We have built a great network of clients since starting in 2011 and it hasn’t slowed down since! We are looking for pet sitters and daily dog walkers in the Lexington, Kentucky area.
Duties include in-home private pet sitting throughout the entire day and overnight stays. Professional experience with dogs and cats is required. Exotics, aquatics, avian and equine care a plus. We usually keep our staff within a 5-7 mile radius of their home. Vet techs, dog trainers, and grad students, retirees, or anyone with some flexibility-this is the perfect job for you.
- The Job:
You will be caring for pets in their home while their owners are way. There is no set schedule; individual client visits can be between 1 to 4 times a day Monday — Friday, Weekends and Holidays. You can choose which service you wish to provide from providing walks, playtime, overnight sitting, boarding (in your home), wedding chaperone, injections, giving medications / administering sub-q fluid and pet transportation. All pet sitting visits include house sitting services including bringing in the paper, checking the mail, watering plants, taking out/up the garbage and switching lights on/off. Applicants with limited availability may be considered as a sub sitter.
The Pets: We expect that you love all animals! We prefer applicants to have professional pet industry experience, but applicants should at least have 5 plus years experience with pets of their own.
The Pay: You will be paid a percentage of the client fee. The more committed you are, the more business you will get. You will grow with us as much as you want! Or you can have set days and times you wish to focus on working. The more flexible you are, the more clients you will be able to service. Our schedules depend on our clients, who are often busy professionals and/or ones that like to travel. Some days are predictable and others can change by the hour. Each member of our team is an independent contractor (1099) and gets paid pre-tax.
– Work with Amazing Pets!
– Healthy work environment
– Flexible Schedule, coverage provided for time off
– Pick your hours
– Must be reliable and trustworthy
– M-F (7 a.m. — 3 p.m.) or (3 p.m. — 9 p.m.) for those interested in becoming Daily Dog Walkers
– Limited availability may apply for sub sitter ONLY
-Professional dog walking / pet sitting experience or rescue volunteer is preferred
– Minimum 5 years experience with dogs and cats (this can include raising your own pets)
– Must live in Lexington
-Physically capable of /handling/cleaning up after all kinds of pets is a MUST
-RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION, clean driving record and proof of insurance is a MUST
-Ability to work without supervision and manage time wisely is a MUST
– Must be able to handle spur of the moment changes and last minute requests
– Smart Phone that is web, email, text enabled is a MUST
– A computer with access to the internet is Preferred
– Willing to work in all types of weather conditions outdoors is a MUST (Summer is HOT! Winter is COLD! We have no weather days, EVER!)
-You must be willing to commit to a minimum of 12 months
– You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Availability on weekends and holidays as needed is Preferred
YOU MUST be able to GO WITH THE FLOW and be committed to being a pet care professional. We take our jobs very seriously and we have a lot of responsibility. The job requires you to be in constant communication with staff at our main office.
We are looking for long-term pet sitters only! This isn’t a temporary position. Our clients rely on our dependability and stability and form strong bonds with their sitters; we consider them family. We like it that way, and we want someone who’ll stay for a while. If you are simply looking for a job until you find a permanent job or return back to school, please DO NOT APPLY.
– You are at least 21 years old
-You are able to pass both BACKGROUND and CRIMINAL checks
– You can provide at least 2 professional references
The Application: Apply by E-MAIL ONLY, no phone calls or web forms will be returned.
Email To: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Subject: Why I am the next Pet Gurl
-Attach: Resume or work history (attach do not paste)
– Body: Answer the following questions:
1. What appeals to you about working with a pet sitting team?
2. I meet all the requirements above: (Yes or No)
3. I will be able to make at least a 9 month commitment: (Yes or No)
4. What is your mode of transportation?
5. What is your experience with pets (please be as detailed as possible)?
6. Your Zip Code?
7. Describe yourself in three words
8. Detail your availability
9. Cell phone? Texting ability, data plan?
If your e-mail’s subject does not match, a resume or work history is not attached and you do not answer the questions completely your inquiry will be routed to the trash and we will never see it.
Our website is www.thepetgurl.com if you want to check us out.
Thanks so much, if you made it this far we believe you have what it takes to be part of the best pet services team in town and we look forward to hearing from you!